Study MBBS at Bangladesh Medical College
About Bangladesh Medical College
Bangladesh Medical College (BMC) Is The First Private Medical College In Bangladesh. It Was Established In 1986 By A Group Of Dedicated People Called The Founder Members Who Were Imbued With The Ideas Of Providing Quality Medical Education, Research And Services To People Of This Country At Reasonable Cost. The College And The Hospital Are Run By Bangladesh Medical Studies And Research Institute (BMSRI) Which Is A Non-Political And Non-Profitable Organization. The Members Of The Institute Are Not Entitled To Any Remuneration Or Dividends
The Objectives Of The Institute Are:
1. To Promote And Provide Studies In Medical Science Leading To Recognized Graduate And Postgraduate Degrees.
2. To Conduct Research Work On The Diseases Prevalent In The Country
3. To Conduct Research On Medical Education With The Aim Of Raising The Standard Of Medical Education In The Country
4. To Provide Skilled Manpower In The Medical, Nursing And Paramedical Fields
5. To Provide Quality Medical Care And Health Services To People At Reasonable Cost
The Establishment Of A Medical College Imparting Medical Education Leading To Recognized Medical Degree Was Taken As The First And Foremost Aim Of The Institute. Through The Tireless Efforts Of The Founder Members The Dream Was Realized Against Much Opposition When Permission Was Accorded By The Government Of Bangladesh For The Creation Of The College On 13 April 1986.
Bangladesh Medical College Started Functioning From 24 April 1986. The Dhaka University Granted Affiliation To The College On 10 May 1988. Bangladesh Medical And Dental Council Has Recognized The College. The First Batch Of Students From The College Appeared In The 1st Professional MBBS Examination Of The Dhaka University Held In March 1990 After Completing Two Years Of Prescribed Course Of Studies. The College Has Been Enlisted In The World Directory Of Medical Schools Effective 1986 Published By The World Health Organization Which Entitles The Graduates Of BMC Recognition All Over The World. Graduates Of BMC Are Eligible For Limited Registration With The General Medical Council Of United Kingdom. They Are Also Eligible To Take The United States Medical License Examination (USMLE). Now The College Has A New 6 Storied Academic Building With Adequate Parking Facilities. It Has Now Been Possible To Accommodate Most Of The Departments In More Spacious Place.
The Attached Hospital Is A Tertiary Care Referral Medical Facility And Provides Excellent Training To Students And Junior Doctors. The Hospital Has Arrangements For 500 Inpatients. It Is Well Equipped And Provides Quality Health Care To The Public At Reasonable Cost. The Entire Hospital Staff Is Dedicated To Excellence And Service.
Foreign Students Admission in Bangladesh Medical College
Government of Bangladesh sets the rules and procedures of admission of foreign students to all public and private medical colleges within its territory. Following are the steps that you need take if youwant to get admitted into Bangladesh Medical College (BMC).
1. If you have the passport of a country having diplomatic relationship with Bangladesh you can apply for admission in MBBS course (Bachelor of Medicine & Surgery) in one of the public or private Medical Colleges in Bangladesh.
2. Youmust have 12 years of schooling, and your grades must have to be matched (Equivalecy) with the Bangladeshi counterpart- SSC (Secondary School Certificate) & HSC (Higher Secondary School Certificate).
3. Your eligibility criteria for admission to MBBS course:
a. O-level (Equivalent to SSC) certificate: Minimum 5 subjects
b. A-level (Equivalent to HSC) Certificate: Must have Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
c. USA 12 grade completion certificate: Must have Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
d. Minimum GPA (After equivalency with SSC & HSC)= 7 (seven)
e. Minimum GPA in Biology= 3.5
4. You have to undertake the following steps if you decided to get admitted into BMC.
a. Get the photocopies of the following documents attested from the foreign ministry of your country.
i. School/College graduation certificates
ii. Mark/grade sheet
iii. School leaving certificate (Testimonial)
iv. Copy of Passport
v. Two passport size photographsof applicant
b. Download ‘MBBS admission form’ from the websiteof Bangladesh Foreign Ministry(www. mofa.gov.bd) and fill it up. You must mention your medical college of choice.
c. Pay $60 (Subject to change) in any bank of your country in favor of DGHS and get the receipt. (For more info. visit www.dghs.gov.org)
d. Deposit your attested documents, bank receipt and filled admission form to Bangladesh Embassy of your country for processing of Grade Equivalency and permission from Government of Bangladesh. You can do this job by yourself or through our consultancy office GOMBBS.IN Professional Educational Consultancy.
e. Send copies of your certificates, mark sheets, passport and a letter of intention to Bangladesh Medical College office (Email or post) for advance booking of your seat.
5. Having received the permission letter of Ministry of Foreign Affairs and grade equivalency of your certificates, BMC office would inform you and proceed with your admission.
6. Admission fee structure for the last year(2019) was as follows(change might occur this year).
a. $25,000 down payment b. $5,000/year x 4 (Mode of payment would be informed)