MBBS at East West Medical College and Hospital Dhaka.
About East West Medical College and Hospital Dhaka
East-West Medical College & Hospital is a leading medical institute in Bangladesh. This institute is located at Aichi Nagar, JBCS Saroni, Khairtak, Turag, Dhaka, Bangladesh. It is situated at the bank of river Turag with natural flourishing surroundings and five kilometers away from Hazrat Shah Jalal International airport. The college is to provide on excellent broad based education with a focus on professional development for the students to equip them with knowledge, skills and attitude necessary not only to address the priority health problems of the community but also to acquire a firm basis for future training and studies. This institution is one of the organization of Aichi Medical group and it runs under Alim foundation.
Aichi group was established by Prof. Dr. Moazzem Hossain MBBS, STPS (England) Ph.D. (Japan) in the year 1996. Our founder chairman has studied Nagoya University in Japan for 4 years with the support of Bangladesh government and has earned Gold Medal for outstanding results in his field from government of Japan. After returning back to Bangladesh, he started to fulfil his dream of taking the health care of Bangladesh to international level . With the vow of developing our health care sector this group now operates one medical college, dental university, nursing university, medical technology institute and two hospitals.
EWMCH – At a glance
- Established by Alim Foundation & Aichi Medical Group in 2000.
- Having 5 acres of land.
- Academic Building – Number of Floors with basement : 09
- Floor space in each floor: 15,000 Sq ft
- Total Area : 1,35,000 Sq ft
- Lecture Hall : 05
- Lecture Gallery : 03
- Tutorial room : 25
- Number of Laboratories (subject wise) : 08
- Size of Dissection Hall : 2,000 Sq ft
- Size of Library : 3,000 Sq ft.
- Hospital Building Floor Space:
- Number of floors: 07
- Area per floor – 25,000 sq ft
- Total Area – 2,00,000 sq ft.
- Total number Beds: 650
- Bed occupancy rate: 70.8%
- General bed – 520
- Paying bed – 460
- Cabin – 100 and
- Free bed – 90 (Specified).
- Hospital License renewed for 2019-2020 (Updated)
- Total seat capacity of East-West Medical College: 120 per session.
- Admitted student of Running session (2018 -19) : 120.
- Native – 50%
- Foreign – 50%
- Hostel seat capacity for female: 550.
- Hostel seat capacity for male : 500.
Admission Criteria At East West Medical College and Hospital
East West Medical College & Hospital is a registered institution permitted by the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Govt. of the Peoples Republic of Bangladesh and affiliated to Dhaka University and recognized by Bangladesh Medical & Dental Council (BMDC). The college offers 5 years MBBS course as formulated by BMDC.
Educational Requirements for Foreign Students Only for Jammu and Kashmir:
- Students who have passed Minimum SSC / O level / 10 Class not before 2015.
- Students who have passed Minimum HSC / A level / 12 Class not before 2017.
SSC / O level / 10 Class: Minimum GPA – 3.00 HSC / A level / 12 Class, Minimum GPA – 3.00 In Biology minimum GPA is 3.50 Total GPA is 7.00
Educational Requirements for Foreign Students Without Jammu and Kashmir:
- Students who have passed Minimum SSC / O level / 10 Class not before 2016/2017.
- Students who have passed Minimum HSC / A level / 12 Class not before 2018/2019.
- General Rules for foreigner students
- Minimum aggregate GPA in SSC or equivalent and HSC or equivalent: 7.00 (eight)
- Min. GPA either in SSC or equivalent or in HSC or equivalent: 3.5
- Minimum GPA in biology: 3.5
- For calculation of GPA against the marks obtained in SSC/ ‘O’ level or equivalent exam, only top 5 subjects are considered for calculation of GPA. Therefore, GPA in ‘O’ level = (total marks obtained in top five subjects) : 5
- For calculation of GPA against the marks obtained in HSC/ ‘A’ level or equivalent exam, only 3 subjects (Physics, Chemistry and Biology) are considered for calculation of GPA.
- Qualifying Grade in each subject individually is “C”. Therefore, GPA in ‘A’ level = (total marks obtained in three subjects) : 3
- Year of passing 12th Not More than One year gap. (That is if you apply for 2018 session, you must pass 2017 or after
Equivalence certificate of mark sheets of “O & A” level and foreign students should be obtained from office of the Director General of Health services, (Director, Medical education) Mohakhali, Dhaka and must be submitted with the application form. Any criteria laid down by the D.G Health, Mohakhali, Dhaka.