International School of Medicine
If you are intended to become a physician and decide to join one of the best medical universities in Central Asia, the International Higher School of Medicine is what you are looking for.
The International Higher School of Medicine as a structural unit of IUK academic consortium was established in 2003. The main foundation for establishment of the school was a strategy of reforming Kyrgyz education system and increasing competitiveness of domestic universities, which resulted in the main emphasis of IHSM administration and faculty being focused on the creation of a modern dynamic educational institution that can provide high quality training and has competitive potentials in the medical education market. The School’s MD program is ranked among the best in the nation with our teachers, scientists, and physicians being the leading experts in their fields.
Currently, the International Higher School of Medicine is a modern university with a comprehensive infrastructure, and experienced faculty members that are nationally and some of them worldwide recognized specialists in different areas of medicine, professional health organizations and agencies.
Seventeen years ago the first 13 students were enrolled, whereas at present about 3500 students study in the school. Most of our students are citizens of foreign countries: India, Pakistan, South Korea, USA, Great Britain, Russia, Ukraine, Afghanistan, Japan, Nepal, Bangladesh, Turkey and Syria. This is why the language of instruction is English.
Thus, the main priority for the administration of IHSM is still to continue the enhancement of a modern dynamic educational institution that provides high-quality education and has a competitive potential in the education market. IHSM is one of the top universities of Kyrgyzstan by the ranking web of universities.
Although the key to academic success of any faculty members and students is a hard work to ensure the inviolability of main pillars of school’s success, that in fact are three basic principles: Equity, Quality, and Transparency reflected in our school Mission and Vision and developed to the IHSM integrity code.
The IHSM is registered and cooperates with many leading international institutions:
• World Health Organization (WHO);
• Foundation for the Advancement of Medical Education and Research (FAIMER);
• Organization of PhD training programs in the field of biomedical and medical sciences in the European system (ORPHEUS);
• Association for Medical Education in Europe (AMEE);
• Association of Medical Universities of the Kyrgyz Republic (AMUKR);
• Association of Medical Schools in Europe (AMSE);
• Asian Medical Education Association (AMEA);
• International Network of Higher Education Quality Assurance Agencies (INQAAHE).
MISSION AND VISION
The International Higher School of Medicine aims to serve local and global communities by driving students through the path of clinical doctors who demonstrate professionalism, practice evidence-based medicine, work in the interests of patients and adhere to the highest moral and ethical standards of healthcare.
The International Higher School of Medicine will be at the forefront of medical education in Asia. Our students, teachers, and alumni will be leaders in the shared values of equal access to health, quality of healthcare for all through the application of innovation and research.
• Prepare students for professional work in all areas of clinical activity;
• Develop awareness and sensitivity to the needs of local and global communities;
• Protect the rights and equality of patients’ access to health care;
• Support professional engagement and leadership;
Education Quality Assurance Policy
IHSM objectives as far the education quality assurance:
• ensuring the university’s competitiveness in the market of educational and research services through the training of highly qualified graduates;
• maintaining quality management in higher education to the best degree possible;
• formation of effective ISM human resources management system;
• Integration into the global education and research environment.
Main areas and objectives of the policy:
• Continuously study, analyze and use of feedback on the quality of education from students, employers and partners;
• Enhance education and integration of new education technologies;
• Increase the involvement of students in the management of education, including the strengthening of student organizations, their representation in the decision-making activity;
• Improve the infrastructure and equipment of education as well as its tools and inputs