MBBS at Womens Medical College And Hospital Uttara Dhaka.
About Medical College For Women and Hospital Uttara, Dhaka.
Medical College for Women & Hospital is a Non Government Organization. Establishment of such an institute will assist mobilization of resources for health manpower development for solving national problems through basic and applied research and by encouraging self-reliance in women population.
This program will give a good profile of talents of female student in technical field by proving their better performance in medical education in a separate environment. This college will have a research cell in each department with good facilities for female graduates who can give more time in this field.
The college and the student’s hostels are within 15 minutes walking distance of the International Airport at Dhaka. MCWH in Sector-1, Uttara is at safe, well placed location and surrounded by residences of highly placed professionals and individuals. In its close proximity, there are abundance of great shops, restaurants and groceries where students can obtain items of everyday to day needs.
The aims of the medical college for women & hospital is to teach specially selected female candidates for five academic years according to the syllabus laid down by Bangladesh Medical and Dental Council (BMDC) for MBBS degree to be conferred by the University of Dhaka, Bangladesh and then impart training of closely supervised internship for one year to create high quality career doctors for the nation.
- Introduction to newly designed community oriented medical & dental education including MBBS course.
- To arrange training course for nurses, paramedical & medical social workers.
- To provide postgraduate students, training and research leading to certificate of diploma, degree, doctorate and post doctorate degree for strictly limited number.
- To meet the responsibilities of providing preventive as well as curative health care to the people of Bangladesh.
- To inspire to develop the essential character qualities, strong sense of righteousness and a basic desire to serve the suffering humanity.
ELIGIBILITY FOR ADMISSION (Session: 2019-2020)
Eligibility for admission in MBBS/BDS course in Bangladesh Govt. Medical and private Medical & Dental Colleges is approved by the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare (Medical Education Unit). Bangladesh govt. has formulated the following requirements for admission in MBBS/BDS course in the Govt. & private Medical & Dental colleges.
- For MBBS course – Eligibility of candidates are as follows:
(a) Students who have passed SSC in 2017 or 2016 and HSC in 2019 or 2018 with GPA 9.00. GP 3.50 in Biology at HSC Level is compulsory for all students.
(b) Students having O & A level qualifications and foreign students having similar or equivalent qualifications should apply with certificate of equivalence issued from the Director General, Health Directorate, Govt. of the People’s Republic of Bangladesh.
(c) Foreign students will have to arrange attestation of their SSC(SSE) & HSC(SSCE) equivalence certificate & mark sheets from their foreign ministry and submit their papers through Bangladesh Embassy in concern countries.
d) In case of national/foreign students admission will be invalid if any document is found to be false or wrong, before or after admission. No extra foreign/national students will be admitted in excess of the number already specified by the govt. of Bangladesh.
- Admission will be made on the basis of results of the under mentioned examination:
(a) Written test according to current syllabus of HSC course will be held in MCQ system and this examination will include Physics, Chemistry, Biology, English & General Knowledge: Physics-20, Chemistry-25, Biology-30, English-15, General Knowledge-10 = Total 100 marks in written admission test. 0.25 marks will be subtracted for each incorrect answer.
(b) On the basis of SSC & HSC or equivalent result, 200 marks will be evaluated as follows:
SSC/Equivalent exam GPA x 15 = 75
HSC/Equivalent exam GPA x 25 = 125
Total Marks = 200
Fee For Foreign Students At Medical College For Women and Hospital:
Mode of Payment:
- Payment of admission fees, Development fees, Donation and all other charges will be made through Bank Swift Code “IFICBDDH024” in favour of the “Medical College for Women and Hospital, Uttara, Dhaka-1230”. A/C No. 1024-140074-031.
MBBS Admission total package for foreign students
|1.||1st year MBBS seat booking (non refundable)||$ 5000.00|
|2.||At the time of admission (Including 1st year tuition fee)|
Less waiver for the session of 2019-20
|Payable after waiver:||$ 19000.00|
|a. 2nd year||$ 6000.00|
|b. 3rd year||$ 6000.00|
|c. 4th year||$ 6000.00|
|d. 5th year||$ 6000.00||$ 24000.00|
|Payable :||$ 43000.00|
|4.||Remuneration during one year internship period student will receive:||– $ 2170.00|
|Net payable:||$ 40830.00|
- University & BMDC registration fees & other cost (as & when) fixed by them to be paid by the students (approx. USD 2000.00)
- At the time of admission all students will have to pay minimum six (06) month’s hostel seat rent in advance, if they desire to live in hostel (first come first serve).
- All students will clear their hostel seat rent before appearing in 1st, 2nd, 3rd & Final professional MBBS examination.
- If they fail in the Final Professional MBBS Examination, they will have to pay US$ 800.00 (Eight hundred US Dollars) for each attempt in all subject and US$ 267.00 for each subject.
- All students will clear their tuition & others fees so long they continue their regular courses.
- All students have to pay any other charges which will be imposed by the concern authority related to MBBS course such as field trip, study tour, autopsy visit, etc.
Locations Of Medical College For Women and Hospital Dhaka
The college and hospital may have several units located in different areas. At present:
- The college with hospital is located in Plot-4, Road-8/9, Sector-1, Uttara Model Town, Dhaka-1230.
- 2nd building is in Plot-16, Road-12, Sector-1, Uttara Model Town, Dhaka-1230
- 3rd building is in Plot-2, Road-15, Sector-1, Uttara Model Town, Dhaka-1230.
- 4th building is in Plot-2, Road-16, Sector-3, Uttara Model Town, Dhaka-1230.
- Another campus is located at Fazir Batan, Uttarkhan, Uttara, Dhaka.