Osh State University
Osh State University is a Public sector University, One of the most distinguished and prestigious of the Kyrgyz Republic and One of the best in Central Asia.
Osh State University actively participates in the society by ensuring the continuity of intellectuals, by providing education of high quality and by carrying out thorough research. Osh State University is continuously improving the technological infrastructure trying to preserve and promote positive elements of culture and traditions, as well as develop other creative and innovative approaches in the field of education at the International level.
We are diverse, welcoming, accepting and passionate about being the best we can be.
Osh State University was founded on 24 May 1951 as Osh State Pedagogical Institute. It achieved status of the University on 17 june 1992. The city of Osh provides a unique setting for the urban campus of Osh State University. At the heart of this picturesque city lies the Osh State University administrative campus, with the remaining departments located throughout the city. Osh State University is the leading educational, cultural and scientific centre of the southern Kyrgyzstan. The faculties of the University prepare specialists to respond to all the region’s needs. Osh State University sows the seeds of science and democracy that will bloom throughout the country.
Osh Pedagogical Institute (1939-1951)
In 1939, in the south of Kyrgyzstan in order to overcome the lack of teachers in schools and pedagogical training, Institute for teachers in the city of Osh was opened. The Institute offered 2 years training programme in History and Philology, Physics, Mathematics and Natural sciences, Geography.
Osh State Pedagogical Institute (1951-1992)
On May 24, 1951, in accordance with the resolution of the Council of Ministers of the USSR, №511-193 / 1 June 26, 1951, Osh State Pedagogical Institute as established.
In 1955-1956 academic year, First batch of students graduated from departments of German, Russian, English language, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Specialty care.
In 1957 the Council of Ministers of the Republic of Kirghizia adopted a resolution” On improvement of the material base for Osh State Pedagogical Institute. On the basis of this resolution, in 1961, New campus as built.
Number of graduates increased year by year from Osh State Pedagogical Institute. In 1970-1971 academic year, 269 Graduates, Number of PhD had doubled to 112 from 16 ethnic nationalities.
At the end of the 1980s, the Institute’s faculty staff as 435, including 4 doctors of Sciences, Professors, 136 Candidates of Science, Associate Professors and Senior lecturers, 295 Instructors.
Osh State University (1992 – Present)
To ensure the Socio-economic and cultural development in Southern Kyrgyzstan, On June 17, 1992 by the Decree of the President of the Kyrgyz Republic, Osh State University as established on the basis of Osh State Pedagogical Institute. Mr. Bakyt Zholchubekovich Beshimov as appointed Rector of Osh State University and He worked on this position till 1998.
To ensure rapid pace of development and the training of highly qualified specialists to meet the requirements of the labor market, New faculties and departments ere established: History and Law (1992), the Kyrgyz and Uzbek Philology (1992), Medicine (1993), Theology (1993), Business and Management (1996)
International Medical Faculty
International Medical Faculty of Osh State University (OshSU), the educational flagship in Kyrgyzstan and a classical international university, which is a member of Shanghai Association of Universities.
The International Medical Faculty is the youngest unit of higher professional education in OshSU.
1. To educate highly qualified medical specialists who are on high demand on labor markets of foreign countries and the Kyrgyz Republic, with competencies to carry out independent professional, scientific and research activities; to prepare competitive and highly intelligent professionals with excellent abilities for self-development.
2. To internationalize the national medical education.
3. To establish partnerships with educational institutes of foreign countries for creating opportunities for students to participate in exchange programs and create networks, strengthening University status on international level.
4. To enter the system of international scientific, informational and communicational space and also the group of leaders of main medical educational centers of our region.
Language of instruction on the faculty is English. There are 2 chairs and more than 40 academicians, including assistant professors and professors, among them – honored workers of Education, Science and Health of the Kyrgyz Republic.
We will do our best efforts for our faculty students to get high-quality and internationally recognized education.
With sincere respect,
International Medical Faculty Team of Osh State University
Why International Medical Faculty?
- · English medium for Foreign Students.
- · High standard professional Medical Education.
- · Medical faculty OshSU Follows the Euro – Russian curriculum of MD.
- · Degree of MD(Doctor of Medicine) is awarded, a widely recognized and accepted degree all over the world as compared to MB or MBBS degree.
- · Recognized and accredited by Ministry of Education & Science, Ministry of Public health KR, listed with Education Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates, United States (ECFMG)(FAIMER) International directory of medical schools, Our graduates may take USMLE, get registered as medical doctor and continue Postgraduate education in United States.
- · Medical faculty OshSU is listed with WHO world directory of medical schools, Avicenna directory, International medical education directory of FAIMER
- · Graduates of the Medical faculty OshSU are eligible to take Screening test by Medical Council of India, Pakistan Medical and Dental Council and other countries. Graduates are eligible to work in India, Pakistan, European Union, America, Japan and other countries.
- · An affordable tuition fee as low as 2400 USD per year for 1st – 4th year and 2000 USD for 5th and final year.
- · An ideal academic environment.
- · All the hospitals and clinics of Osh state are affiliated with Medical faculty OshSU. Hospitals are equiped with modern diagnostic and treatment facilities.
- · Clinically focused curriculum with clinical rotations in hospitals starting from second year through final year.
- · Highly qualified teachers.
- · Possibility of Postgraduation and PhD in wide range of specialities.
- · Collaboration of the Medical faculty OshSU with a number of foreign universities, organizations in the field of research.
- · Participation of students and teachers in international scientific conferences and short courses arranged by foreign partner universities.
- · Wide choice of accomodation including University hostels, private hostels, private apartments at an affordable rent ranging from 20 USD to 50 USD per month.
- · Osh – second biggest city of kyrgyzstan, Southern capital, a beautiful mountaneous city, located in the heart of historically famous Ferghana Valley.
- · Osh – A modern city with an ancient background.
- · A city with an economical and affordable living conditions.
- · A lot of places for extracurricular and refreshment activities. Swimming pools, Indoor-Outdoor sports centres, Night Clubs, Cinema, Theatre, Winter sports tracks etc
Tuition fee is paid in local currency Kyrgyz Som. Tuition fee adjusted with US dollar / Kyrgyz Som exchange rate is given below.
General Medicine MBBS/M.D English medium: Tuition fee: 3,200 US $ per year
Russian medium: Tuition fee: 2,850 US $ per year
- Single entry: 90 US $ per year
- Multiple entry: 110 US $ per year
Dentistry: Tuition fee : 2,850 US $ per year
Postgraduate programs: Tuition fee: 1500 US $ per year
- Government hostel : 200 US $ per year
- Privately managed hostel: 500 US $ per year
- Apartments can be rented for 100-300$ per month
Food: 800 US $ per year
However in first year, an admission package is offered to the students which covers following:
- Invitation processing fee
- Admission fee
- Tuition fee
- Hostel fee
- One year visa fee
- Equivalence certificate fee (from ministry of education)
- Documents preparation (documents translation and notary certification, medical examination etc.)
- Visa processing
- Travelling arrangements
For Postgraduate courses and Preparatory department fee details or any other information, Please contact us